Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nancy Bea


There's no way to replace the comfort that comes from years of friendship. One of my dearest friends Nancy Bea, from our Philadelphia days came to visit for one week. Even though we hadn't seen each other in 3 years it felt like we'd been living on the same street forever.
One day Nancy emailed me to ask if I knew where the village of Grez sur Loing was. Yes, I knew it well...it's about a 5 minute drive from my house. Come to find out Nancy has another friend, Sonia who lives in Grez! This provided a great opportunity for all of us to increase our circles of friendship during Nancy's visit. The three of us took a "Museum Day" in Paris. I think the most fun part of the day for me was watching Nancy's excitement...she's an amazing artist & tomorrow debuts her first solo show in NYC! At the Musee de Orsay we filled our buckets with countless masterpieces. We were saturated with art, but hungry so we ate lunch at the elegant restaurant & enjoyed a marvelous day. I'm hoping that one day in the future Nancy's works will find there way to a famous museum!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

As a friend of Nancy Bea, I just wanted to say how beautiful she looks in your pictures and how refreshed and happy she was when she returned from her visit to you in France. You were just what she needed!