Friday, June 20, 2008

Cours de cuisine (cooking class)

I've been wanting to take some French cooking classes. All year long I've been searching for new recipes and new techniques. As I've mentioned before my friend Xavier grew up in a family that owned and ran a bakery. He agreed to have a baking class in his home one Saturday morning. We all showed up in our aprons & wearing our hats that we purchased the day before in Paris - yes we really are a bunch of wacky women, but we know how to have fun! I wrote down every step of instruction, and took lots of photos at each stage of the process. I'm hoping it turns out when I try it on my own. Xavier's dad came and showed us how to make that mouth watering French bread. He made it seem so simple. Just add a little of this, mix like that and voila! I think it won't be that easy for me...the flour is different, the sugar is different, the air is different...hmm maybe I could convince Xavier and his dad to move to SLC and open a real French bakery. Now wouldn't that be fantastic! Thanks Xavier for opening up your kitchen and your baking secrets.


1 comment:

natalie said...

sounds fun, love the hats!