Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Lilly

"I'm 5! Today I'm 5!" These are the words that Lilly has been squealing all day long. It's been about a year in coming. I think the day after her 4th birthday she started asking, "when will I be 5?" If you ask her she will tell you that her birthday is June the 3rd. What fun we've had with this little fire-cracker for the past 5 years. She is the typical youngest child...silly, funny, loved by all, smart & joyful.This last year has brought many "firsts" for Lilly. She learned how to ride a two-wheeler in about 24 hours. She learned how to ride in-line skates in about 10 minutes. She can write her name in cursive. She goes to school in French. She can jump rope. She swings from bars like a monkey. She swims on her own. She's definitely one of a kind!
Lilly says the darndest things: One day after a big trip she said, "Do we have to keep going from country to country to country? I'm tired!"

If she want to know how something works she tells us to "read the constructions."

One day she looked out the window and said, "Look at that! It's just like a picture! I can't believe that my eyes can discover things like that!"

While talking to her best friend Sophie about hatching eggs in an incubator Lilly said, "When I go back to Salt Lake I'm going to hatch whales at my house." I said I didn't think that was possible because whales don't hatch in eggs and they need to live in the sea. She got all upset and said, "you told me maybe we could try to hatch whales!" Then it dawned on me...Quails (quail eggs!) Funny girl.
We love you Lilly you have made our family complete and we can't wait to see what you accomplish as a 5 year old! Bon Anniversaire!!!!

2 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Omigosh, Janet I just blogged a photo of Lilly, not even knowing it was her birthday today! (Doo-wee-ah-oo, doo-wee-ah-oo: you know, twilight zone theme?)

Happy Birthday dear Lilly! I miss you!

natalie said...

Happy Birthday! You are so cute, and funny. I miss you a lot and seeing you on the circle! Miss you!