Friday, June 6, 2008

le vélo à Versailles (biking at Versailles)

Diane & I had one big play day at Versailles. The weather was perfect & we just enjoyed wandering through the gardens, eating lunch at an outside table, talking & faire le vélo à Versailles! We both have big beach cruisers in SLC and we love to ride our bikes. Lucky for us they have good bikes with "granny seats" at Versailles so we rode and rode and rode. At one point Diane said, "lets stop and rest and just watch the clouds". It was perfect. So peaceful and relaxing. I can't remember the last time I just sat and watched the clouds go by...you should try it! It's great therapy.

It's a good thing we had that therapy session because the ride home was hilarious. We lost one of our cells phones, but didn't know it. By the time I was on the freeway driving in rush hour we realized it was missing . We called the number and a French person answered. She said, "I found your phone in the gardens at Marie Antoinette's farm. Can you come now and retrieve it?" Oh brother. I couldn't turn around and the traffic was bad so we just kept driving. I think my phone is still there in a desk drawer just waiting for me to pick it up. What a mess, what a story, what a laugh!




1 comment:

natalie said...

Fun! Love the cell phone story.