Saturday, January 26, 2008

Harrods

Ever since I was in High School and first heard about Harrods department store I have wanted to go there. Well I finally made it on New Years Eve along with the entire population of London. It was so crowded we thought we would never find our way out. Funny how now that I am a mother with 4 children my desire to shop is non-existent. It was fun to see the grandeur of Harrods, ride the Egyptian escalator and see the amazing food hall. Our Harrods purchase was made at the old fashioned candy counter. We bought HUGE gobbstoppers (jaw-breakers) for the kids.


2 comments:

natalie said...

cool! those gobstoppers look amazing! lilly, looks like you're enjoying yours! bet they lasted like your whole trip.

the dees said...

oh, harrods is just so amazing. isn't the food section bizarre? i don't know who buys that jellied ox tongue! yach!