Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gratitude

Thanksgiving day is almost over. It's 11pm and as I sit here reflecting on the day my heart is brimming full with "gratitude". We had a regular school day and work life, but this evening was special. Tonight our house was filled with traditional food (I'll write all about that tomorrow), family and friends. A new friend from church put the "icing on the cake" for my Thanksgiving. Her name is Magali and she is a very dedicated wife and mother. She grew up in New Caledonia and has said that the US army left a great influence there since WWII. She has always wanted to live in Utah which is where I am from so she is excited to be friends. Today she delivered this beautiful homemade chocolate cake with a letter that said, "I pray that you and your family will enjoy your life in France and that it will be a good experience. Here is a French desert for your Thanksgiving." This woman who home-schools her four children took time out of her very busy life to bake and deliver a cake for my family Thanksgiving celebration. How could I not enjoy my life in France?! I have been blessed beyond measure and I'm having the most incredible experience associating with some of the most earnest and sincere people in the world.

No comments: