Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Apiculter (Beekeeper)

Our village of Bourrone Marlotte has a butcher a baker and a candlestick maker. Well, actually he's an "apiculter" who makes pretty cool beezewax candles. We live four doors up from the Miel (honey) store and factory. They had an open house that we attended. It was really fun & informative.







We got to see all kinds of hives (old and new). I always feel a bit lazy after watching bees work.










The best part of the tour was tasting honey. They have honey made from soooo many different flowers. Flowers from the forest, suflowers, etc. Every Saturday the apiculter comes to the market and sells the different varieties. The kids especially love the honey candy. There is citrus, eucalyptus, mandarin & mint to name but a few.



Come visit us and we'll take you to the honey store for a sweet treat!

2 comments:

natalie said...

Fun! i wish i could see the bees! that's soo cool!

Amazed said...

I'm coming! I'm coming! i love bees. I've even read whole books on beekeeping! I'm so excited! I just heard that the mass transit in France is on strike....say it isn't so.....