Sunday, November 18, 2007

Faire la queue (to stand in line)

Saturday we went to Euro Disney to celebrate Olivia's birthday. We had planned to spend about 4 hours at the park, but ended up staying 7! Why? Why did we spend 7 hours in freezing cold temperatures?! Because of the enourmous queue! It was a day to "faire la queue". Everyone with children in the European Union was in attendance at Disney yesterday. We thought it wouldn't be crowded because of the extremely cold weather. We were wrong! It didn't seem to spoil the fun for the kids...even when Lilly and Clara only got to go on 3 rides the entire day! The older kids managed "fast passes" on some of the bigger attractions so they were lucky.

All of the Christmas decorations are up at Disney. It's very pretty and made us excited for the upcoming holiday season.










Spencer invited his friend Arthur to join us for the day. They had a grand time on the giant roller-coasters. I'm not a real roller-coaster person. I didn't think Disney had the upside down corkscrew types. I learned my lesson. Olivia asked me to go on Space Mountain Mission II with her and the boys. When we were strapped in our seats Olivia said, "you're going to love it when it goes upside down the first time!" Oh brother! I was locked in so I had to go. It wasn't too bad...I closed my eyes the entire time! I really feel like an old mother.

One of my pet peeves at amusement parks are balloons. They are so cute and cheerful, but what a pain in the neck. Every line I stood in someone had a balloon tied to their wrist and the balloons were swatting us in the face. I guess I shouldn't be such a grinch about this. After all doesn't every kid want a balloon to carry around? I might just have to buy one for Lilly next time :)

1 comment:

natalie said...

that sounds soo fun! i am sure you would love wicked at lagoon. it's just as crazy!