Monday, October 22, 2007

Ami (Friend)

If there is one thing we have been given a surplus since moving to France it's good "amis" (friends). You can never have too many friends, there is always room for more! Friday after school Olivia and Clara were invited for a play date at the Dowels. They are also a new family. Just arrived from Australia.










Here is a mixture of American, British and Australian beauties. All of them are currently learning French and they hope to aquire that coveted "French accent" before years end.






Taylor and I were invited to join the fun. Our friends live about 20 minutes away in "Samois-Sur-Seine". It is unbelievably beautiful. We walked along the Seine and felt like we were in the movies. It seemed as if I could take a photograph every time I looked in a different direction.








We ended the evening at the local pizzeria. Because we went to dinner at 7pm (too early for French standards) we had the restaurant to ourselves. It's a good thing because this is a spunky group of girls!

3 comments:

Paula Adams Perez said...

What a lovely adventure you are having!! I found you via my blog friend, Nancy Bea. I live in the Seattle area and I am a homeschooler with a 13 yr old son who has taken French for 8 years here in the states, so we are interested in French life. I am curious what spurred your decision to move to France for a year - for a job? I think your blog is very nice with its French words and phrases! I will be checking back! Come see my blog if you like!

Voila! said...

Any friend of Nancy Bea is a friend I would like to have as well. Welcome to France! I'll be checking your blog as well.

natalie said...

we say hi! we miss you guys a lot! lilly, get to bed! don't forget your friends in the u.s. of a. oh, and yoga is so cool! we're sending you a tape. oh, and save the whales! please read this, kiddos!