Sunday, March 30, 2008

L'éléphant rock (The Elephant Rock)

The forest of Fontainebleau is famous for its vast boulder collections. Climbers come from all around the globe to climb these amazing rock formations. Saturday we took a little drive to the village of Larchant to visit l'éléphant rock. We have been here before but Saturday was really fun because we went with two different families and good friends from our neighborhood in SLC, the Reeds and the Ensigns. What fun to be in France with some of our best friends!

There are lots of lizards living in the cavities of these rocks and the kids were just dying to catch one. I felt like the "champion of the world" when I caught the lizard. I'm not really a fan of lizards, so my kids were really impressed. Everyone wanted a chance to hold him, but when he opened his little mouth and tried to snap the kids shrieked and let him free.


On top: Lilly, Sophie & Jeremy
In front: Tifiny, Logan, Dallas, Richard, Spencer Jesse, Olivia, Janet, Clara & Annie

Richard and Spencer enjoying a little sun.

1 comment:

natalie said...

FUN!! I so wish I was there! Lizards are pretty creepy I think. But the elephant rock is awesome!