Thursday, February 7, 2008

Italian Open Air Market

I'm a big fan of open air markets. Living in Europe has been the best because there is always fresh produce just around the corner. Our first morning in Italy Taylor and I left the kids to relax in the apartment while we went searching for some Italian pastries and fruit for breakfast. You can only imagine my excitement when we walked right into a big old Italian Open Air Market. It was just like the market I used to shop at when we lived in Philadelphia. Not quite as refined as the markets in France, but really fun and brimming with all kinds of delicious food, household supplies and clothing. We took the kids the next morning and let them choose a variety. I think eating in Italy might be better than sightseeing! The food here is just fabulous!




We have a big population of wild boar that roam our forest in Fontainebleau. The Italians also have an abundance and they like to roast theirs for yummy sandwiches. This Italian butcher sliced a bunch for our breakfast meat. Lilly thought it was the best meat she has ever eaten. Olivia and Clara didn't like the thought of eating wild boar so they gave Lilly their portions.





2 comments:

natalie said...

mmmmmm all that food is making me hungry! i wonder if any fishermen have had sword fights with the sword fish. that would be funny!

Amazed said...

I can't stand that I'm not there with you! I would have come as your valet! I would have held your bags while shopping. I would have peeled your oranges! I would have eaten all your leftovers!