Sunday, April 6, 2008

chocolate chip cookies

We had a really fun dinner invitation Friday night at Hugue & Carine's. Their home was so warm and welcoming...all five of their children were engaging & entertaining. When I asked what we could bring to help with dinner Hugue said, "American chocolate chip cookies". No problem. The two oldest boys are close in age to Spencer. When Hugue told me that the boys really liked to dance (tectonic & hip hop) I asked them if they would perform. They were hesitant, but after I offered to make them their own batch of chocolate chip cookies if they would dance for us they stepped right up to the offer. Hard to believe a little cookie can win out over the marvelous French pastries! We were completely entertained and I think they were partially entertained by our French conversation skills. On the way home Taylor said, "nights like tonight are why I wanted to move to France...I want to get to know the people here and to see how they live and have fun!"

1 comment:

natalie said...

Fun! The power of bribing...