Friday, April 18, 2008

Chanitlly de Framboises (Raspberry Cream)

Thought I'd post a little recipe for a "taste of spring"...we made it the other night & no one could stop with just one little cup.

Chantilly de Framboises
33 cl creme fraiche liquide (whipping cream also works)
80 g sucre glace (2 Tbl. white sugar)
2 feuilles de gelatine (2 packets Knox gelatin - dissolved in water)
4 c. a s. de coulis de framboise (2 cups raspberry puree)
Fresh raspberries for garnish

Dissolve gelatin. Boil puree & add gelatin & sugar. Let cool. Whip creme fraiche about half way. Gently fold puree into creme fraiche. Pour into tiny dessert cups. Cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Garnish & Enjoy!

We are now headed out to "taste" more of France. The kids have yet another 2 week break from school! It's almost comical how much vacation you get when you're a student in France - but we love it. Tonight we pick up Olivia from her school camp and then we will drive to Southern France and the beaches of Nice (pronounced niece).

3 comments:

natalie said...

Yummy! Man, you guys are lucky you get so much time off of school! When do you get out?

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Yum! I will try your recipe this week.

Have a great time in Nice, bon voyage!

Emily said...

Janet,
I found your blog on Deena's blog, I didn't know your email so I thought I'd just comment and hope you see it. I just was thinking of you guys this week as I have been thinking constantly of Rich and Marianne. I feel so blessed to have known him.
It looks like you guys are having the time of your life. Your kids seem so grown up. Hallie is asking me often when Lily and Sophie are coming home. Can you believe your adventure is winding down? We'll be glad to have you back. my email emilinus@yahoo.com
Love, Emily