Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Docteur

I had planned to post several photos and thoughts from this past week, but Lilly was up all last night and today has been a "sick day". We have played U-No, napped and survived our visit with the Docteur. There is a docteur in our neighboring village of Montigny. Believe it or not this docteur makes house calls! He showed up with his little black docteur bag and gave Lilly a check-up. She has an inner ear infection. Docteur Piette speaks a little English so that was helpful. It cost me 35 Euro for the home visit. Afterwards Lilly and I drove to the local pharmacy. My French was completely NOT helpful at this juncture. The pharmacist read the prescription, handed me 4 boxes and I paid my 25 Euro and left. When I got home it was tricky. There were no directions on the boxes. I had to read Docteur Piette's prescription and figure out how much medicine to administer. Besides that I had to mix the antibiotic with water and do the prep work. Basically your health care ends up in your own hands. I'm not exactly confident with that...especially when everything is written in French!

3 comments:

Amazed said...

I'm so sorry about our baby Lilly! That cough was sounding bad. Hope she gets better soon. What a little doll. I just wanted to make sure you weren't a mirage. I think Paris was just a dream. I think I'm going to go take a nap. I'll dream of chocolat croissants. And Lilly. give her a kiss for me. i miss the kids!

natalie said...

i'm sorry lilly!! i miss you too!! that sounds like quite the doctor day!!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Pauvre Lilly! Pauvre Janet! Hope she's doing better now.