Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mon professeur (My teacher)

We are all saying good-byes to our teachers. Mon professeur (& Taylor's too...he was just more advanced than me!), Catherine Couvreur and I became a great friends this year. I took one grammar class and one conversation class every week. All of the women in my class were awesome. We had so much fun and laughed a lot. Catherine said we were the "fun class" of the day...maybe not the most studious of students, but we tried. Considering that before I arrived the only French words I knew were Bonjour and Au revoir I think I have come a long way. I will miss my Monday and Thursday morning buddies, but hope I can continue to learn this beautiful language as we move on. Merci beaucoup Catherine!

3 comments:

gillar girl said...

Janet--I was so happy to hear of your blog from a comment Jenny Larsen left on mine. I went searching and have enjoyed reading of all your adventures!!! Wow. I have to say Jim and I are pretty jealous! I've been showing him too. What an amazing experience. Your kids are all so grown up. Ashlyn loved seeing pictures of Clara. She still remembers her from our little teach me mommy classes. I have thought about you lots over the years! You were such an inspiration to me when I was so early into my motherhood career! Are you coming home soon and is home still in the same place? So happy to find you! Tiffany

Amazed said...

Does this mean you are coming home soon?

Voila! said...

unfortunately yes. We leave July 26, sigh.