Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Au revoir CAB

Today was Lilly's last day of school. It wasn't easy for her to say "au revoir" to her teachers and friends. The beginning of the year was difficult. Lilly didn't want to go to school...she couldn't understand anything. About a month into school she came crying to me saying, "I hate school and I hate French. I hate it how girl rhymes with pooh!" ( the word for girl in French is fille - pronounced "fee". She knew it sounded close to a potty word, just couldn't remember which one! As the year has progressed she has made some cute friends & she can now communicate with them. After school we headed to the center of Fontainebleau for ice cream and a few victory rides on the carousel. When we left the school Lilly said, "I'm so sad to leave. The CAB is the best school ever AND I love speaking French!"

Lilly & her teacher Elisabeth
Emille Chappelle, Clara & Lilly on a "victory" ride at the carousel.
Anna, Mathilde, Lilly, Maya - CAB classmates 2008

1 comment:

natalie said...

Cute! I love the girl story. :)