Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Adieu l' CAB (Farewell CAB)

Lilly's last day of school was sweet. How vividly I remember her first day and the excitement she felt. When I went to pick her up that first day she was exhausted and overwhelmed. The second day we arrived at the school she put on her slippers and then turned to me with tears welling in her eyes as she said, "I don't really want to do this anymore." She cried and I cried as I left her at school that day. From there on out we had to work our way into a French school day. I wasn't ready to let my baby go to school all day and she wasn't ready to spend the morning listening to gibberish that she couldn't understand. Once a week she stayed full day. By the middle of January she was enjoying herself more and more and she was understanding French! On this last day of school she spoke French to her teacher Elizabeth and to her little friends Harry, Ruben, Maria & Maya. I'm so grateful to the teachers and staff at the CAB for their patience, thought and care they gave Lilly. Really there is nothing cuter than a little child speaking French. My little Lilly you did good this year. You were so brave and you are so smart. I love you for rising to the challenge that this year had to offer you!



Bonne Vacances (Happy Vacation) read the sign on the pathway out of the school yard. As I read the sign to Lilly she hiccuped a little cry. I so didn't want this to be a sad day for her, but it's hard to think about not returning when you've had such a growing experience. We collected Clara and her good friend Emilee and we headed to Fontainebleau for ice cream and a ride on the carousel. After all the last day of school is meant to be celebrated! Adieu l'CAB!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....